Plantain may support as a Nutrition for the following medical condtions :
- Anemia, blood – poverty, want of red blood.
- Bone disease when the soft parts are red, inflamed and painful.
- Dropsy from loss of blood and draining of the system.
- Epistaxis, especially in children.
- First stage of ostitis.
- Fractures, especially if soft parts are wounded.
- Glandular ulceration.
- Hemorrhages from any part of the body; blood bright red, with a tendency to coagulate rapidly.
- Hyperemia, from relaxation of muscular fibers of blood vessels.
- Mechanical injuries, results of kicks, blows, falls and cuts, for the inflammatory symptoms .
- Pre – exudative stage of inflammation.
- Sprains externally as well as internally.
- To be given in true chlorosis.
- Varicose veins in young persons.
- Wounds of the soft parts, with inflammatory symptoms.
A plantain tree is an herbaceous flowering plant in the banana family that produces starchy fruits called plantains. Despite the fact that plantain plants are commonly referred to as “trees” and can grow to heights up to 20 to 25 feet, they are not actually trees. The plantain tree has its origins in India and Southern Asia, and usually grows best in tropical or subtropical climates. Plantain is one plant where every part of the plant is useful. The ‘NO WASTAGE’ policy can be aptly applied here. Ancient days the fibre of banana was used as a paper and was taught the written language in that to the kids. It has astringent property. An astringent substance is a chemical compound that tends to shrink or constrict body tissues. According to tradition, during Vaisakha, Magha or Kartika sukla caturdasi, a banana tree is planted and nurtured till it bears fruit. It is said that worshiping the tree with flowers, fruit, etc. will help in the welfare of one’s family. An astringent substance is a chemical compound that tends to shrink or constrict body tissues